Parasites are the organism that depends on the other living organisms for food and protection. Parasitic infestations are quite common problem for humans and other spices. The most dreaded and most commonly discussed of these parasites would be worms. Worms are common problem for humans all over the world and it can affect any of us irrespective of age or gender but the problem is most relevant among the children.
There are four kinds of parasites. They are:-
- Round worm
- Tape worm
- Thread worm or Pin worm
- Hook worm
Round worms are the giant worms that present in the intestines that cause the disease called ascariasis.
These tape worms are varying in size. These worms may be developed through cattle by grazing on grass contaminated with human wastes and thus picks up the eggs of pirates. Human contract this disease by eating incompletely cooked meat from such animals.
Thread worms or Pin worms:-
Thread worms may also be known as pin worms. Like most other parasitic worms it can infect anyone but children are at higher risk.
Hook worm is a serious disease that is caused by small worms which attach themselves to the walls of intestines. They cause serious bleeding with in bowel. Hook worm infections are found mainly in warm and moist areas.
Causes of Parasites:-
- Poor digestion
- Bacterial imbalance
- Low fiber diet
- In hygienic conditions etc.
Symptoms of Parasites:-
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Joint pains
- Sleep disturbances etc.,
Home remedies for Parasites are:-
- Take a tablespoon of freshly ground coconut at breakfast followed by 30ml of castor oil mixed with 250ml of Luke warm milk after 3 hours.
- A small cup of grated carrot should be taken every morning with no other meal can clear these worms quickly
- Drink aloe Vera juice to eliminate worms.
- Wash your hands before eating and after going to toilet, changing diapers or handling pets.
- Avoid eating raw or uncooked meat
- Eat fresh tomatoes in the morning with empty stomach.
- Take 5 – 10 seeds of bitter melon and fry them in a little ghee and take it 2-3 times a day. It is an effective home remedy for parasites treatment.
- Drink 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water to prevent worms.
- Using cloves with meal helps to kill the eggs from parasites in the intestinal tract.
- Do not walk bare foot on warm , moist soil or in the garden
Upset stomach is an affliction popularly known as indigestion or impaired digestion. Sometimes it is accompanied by acid reflux and heartburn. There are two kinds of upset stomach. A chronic, long-term upset stomach is fairly serious and should be discussed and treated with the doctor. Temporary stomach upsets are usually less serious and can be treated with simple home care treatment.
Symptoms of upset stomach
The symptoms of upset stomach originate from the upper gastrointestinal tract, mainly the stomach and first part of the small intestine.
- Nausea with or without vomiting.
- Sensation of fullness after eating very small amount of food.
- Bloating and perspiration.
- Formation of gas in stomach and upper abdominal pain.
- Irregular bowel movements and bile taste in the mouth.
Causes of upset stomach
Since there are many numbers of ways that upset stomach may be perceived and described, it is difficult to identify all causes. The major causes are listed below.
- Mild upset stomach is most often caused by eating too much and usually too quickly.
- When an upset stomach is accompanied with diarrhea or vomiting, common causes include mild to severe cases of food poisoning and viruses.
- Chronic upset stomach may be due to food allergies.
- Irritable bowel syndrome could be another cause, which appears as a pain that gets worse when eating, and is helped by having bowels open.
Home Remedies for upset stomach
The following self-care treatment helps to ease the upset stomach.
- Mix 8 spoons of sugar, 1 spoon of salt, 1 spoon of baking soda with 1L of boiled water and drink it for 2-3 times.
- Mix 3 oz. of vodka with 1/3 teaspoon of salt and drink it.
- Swallow 5 black peppers and then drink a glass of water.
- Add one blackberry twig with 4-5 leaves on it, to 1 cup of boiling water and boil it for 5 minutes on low heat and cool it off. Drinking 1 portion of the extract will cure upset stomach.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon and a pinch of red chili pepper to a cup of boiled water. Stir and then wrap the cup with warm blanket and let it sit for 15 minutes. Take 2 tablespoon of the brew every hour. This reduces the pain in the gut in 2-3 hours.
Prevention of upset stomach
- Avoid buying and eating expired food stuff.
- Cook the food to the recommended temperatures and store it safely.
- Thoroughly wash vegetables and fruits before using.
Indigestion which is also known as dyspepsia is a stomach problem in which digestive juices are not secreted properly and it results to discomfort. Indigestion occurs mainly due to consumption of variety of food stuffs. Acidity, heartburn, gas problems are some of the problems that consider as indigestion. Women suffers more from this indigestion during their menstrual periods.
Symptoms of indigestion:-
- Pain in belly
- Bloating of stomach
- Uncontrolled burping
- Heart burn etc.,
Causes of indigestion:
- Excessive eating
- Fast eating with out proper chewing
- Eating improperly cooked food
- Lack of exercises
- Consuming excess alcohol, smoking
- Stress and anxiety
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Changes in life style etc.
Home Remedies for indigestion:
- Drink half glass of pine apple juice after every meal. It is the helpful home remedy for indigestion.
- Take a glass of luke warm water and add a spoonful of lemon juice, one spoonful of ginger and two spoons of honey in it. Mix them well and drink. This is one of the effective home remedy when you feel indigestion.
- Mix a table spoon of lemon juice in a cup of hot water and drink before a meal to prevent indigestion.
- Avoiding large meals and taking small and frequent meals is helpful in preventing indigestion.
- Drink one cup of ginger tea after meals to promote good digestion.
- Consuming coriander juice with buttermilk during indigestion gives you relief.
- Peppermint is good for indigestion.
- Mix one teaspoon of cumin seeds in a glass of water and drink that solution. 9. Cloves are very helpful for indigestion. 10. Add some baking soda to a glass of water and drink it. It gives you immediate relief from indigestion