Parasites are the organism that depends on the other living organisms for food and protection. Parasitic infestations are quite common problem for humans and other spices. The most dreaded and most commonly discussed of these parasites would be worms. Worms are common problem for humans all over the world and it can affect any of us irrespective of age or gender but the problem is most relevant among the children.
There are four kinds of parasites. They are:-
- Round worm
- Tape worm
- Thread worm or Pin worm
- Hook worm
Round worms are the giant worms that present in the intestines that cause the disease called ascariasis.
These tape worms are varying in size. These worms may be developed through cattle by grazing on grass contaminated with human wastes and thus picks up the eggs of pirates. Human contract this disease by eating incompletely cooked meat from such animals.
Thread worms or Pin worms:-
Thread worms may also be known as pin worms. Like most other parasitic worms it can infect anyone but children are at higher risk.
Hook worm is a serious disease that is caused by small worms which attach themselves to the walls of intestines. They cause serious bleeding with in bowel. Hook worm infections are found mainly in warm and moist areas.
Causes of Parasites:-
- Poor digestion
- Bacterial imbalance
- Low fiber diet
- In hygienic conditions etc.
Symptoms of Parasites:-
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Joint pains
- Sleep disturbances etc.,
Home remedies for Parasites are:-
- Take a tablespoon of freshly ground coconut at breakfast followed by 30ml of castor oil mixed with 250ml of Luke warm milk after 3 hours.
- A small cup of grated carrot should be taken every morning with no other meal can clear these worms quickly
- Drink aloe Vera juice to eliminate worms.
- Wash your hands before eating and after going to toilet, changing diapers or handling pets.
- Avoid eating raw or uncooked meat
- Eat fresh tomatoes in the morning with empty stomach.
- Take 5 – 10 seeds of bitter melon and fry them in a little ghee and take it 2-3 times a day. It is an effective home remedy for parasites treatment.
- Drink 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water to prevent worms.
- Using cloves with meal helps to kill the eggs from parasites in the intestinal tract.
- Do not walk bare foot on warm , moist soil or in the garden
Seasonal Allergies, also known as seasonal allergic rhinitis or Hay Fever, happens during a particular time of the year and is characterized by cold like symptoms like runny nose, sneezing and nasal congestion.
Symptoms of seasonal allergies
Seasonal allergies are characterized by sneezing, runny nose, irritation of eyes, nasal congestion which happens when exposed to certain particles like pollen, hay etc. This occurs in seasons when the pollens of trees and grasses come in human contact thus initiating a series of cold like symptoms. The symptoms include
- Runny nose
- Watering eyes
- Tiredness or irritability
- Nasal congestion
- Itchy eyes or throat
- Difficulty in breathing
- Sinus pain
- Skin rashes with itching
Causes of seasonal allergies
Seasonal allergies happen to a group of people whose immune system treat the pollen or mold spores as allergens or invaders and therefore histamine along with other defensive chemicals are secreted which are actually responsible for the above symptoms. The common causes are due to pollens from trees and grasses during particular seasons which are listed as under:
- Spring trees: Alder, birch, elm, juniper, maple, oak and olive.
- Summer grasses: Bermuda, June, orchard, sweet vernal and timothy grass and weeds like English plantain and Russian thistle.
- Fall: Ragweed.
Home Remedies for Seasonal Allergies
- Consume good amounts of Vitamin C which keeps cold at bay and also acts as anti histamine. Take citrus fruits which are rich in vitamin C.
- Consuming enough water throughout the day is also effective for clearing the body from toxins.
- A healthy diet and a good lifestyle always keep allergies, diseases and infections at bay.
- It is also claimed that fish oil supplements are characterized with antihistamine effects.
- Avoid consuming red meat which is harmful for health in many ways and also for allergies.
- Keep doors and windows closed to prevent pollen from entering your room.
- Carry a handkerchief to guard your nose while you are outdoors.
- Keep car windows closed when you are traveling in the car.
- Avoid outdoor morning activities between 5am to 10 am when the pollen release is highest.
- Keep your rooms dust free.
- Dry your clothes and linen with machine to avoid collection of dust and pollen.
- Plan holidays and vacations to less pollen release areas during peak pollen release seasons.
What are Skin Allergies?
Skin allergies depend on the type of skin you have and a number of other possible reasons. However, skin allergies can be broadly divided into three categories namely urticaria, dermatitis and prickly heat. The reasons for skin allergies may vary from the type of soap or cosmetic products used by you, the surroundings you live in or the climatic conditions to which you are exposed to. Foreign particles like pollutants, dust, pollen and even certain foods may also account for skin allergies. Skin allergies may range from rashes to even blisters and may or may not be painful or irritating.
Allergies are actually immune responses where white blood cells form antibodies against antigens. Allergic reactions may be immediate or may appear with time and may vary from individual to individual. Skin allergies can affect anybody at any age and even babies.
Skin Allergy Symptoms
- Rashes or inflammations may appear on the skin which may itch or may even form pus. It depends on the type and severity of the skin allergy how much irritation it will bring to the affected individual.
- A number of things are taken into consideration while determining the rash formation and these are density, color, size, consistency, tenderness, shape and may be even temperature.
- Rashes may appear as circular, ring-shaped, linear and even snake-like.
- Ulcers, scaling and scabbing may also be present which may accordingly help in diagnosing whether the skin allergy is of infectious or of non-infectious type, bacterial or fungal, localized or widespread and so on.
Causes of Skin Allergies
- Temperature change or climatic changes
- Food allergens like shrimp, crab, prawn, peanuts, strawberries, shellfish, dairy products and wheat.
- Food intolerance is a digestive system response and is different from food allergy which is an immune response. Food intolerance pertains to those kinds of foods which the digestive system is unable to break down properly.
- Reactions due to certain medications or drug intake.
- Pollen, dust and smoke.
- Certain constituents in soaps and detergents.
Home Remedies for Skin Allergies
- Apply a paste made from sandalwood and lime juice on the affected area as this will give relief from itching.
- Also you may apply mashed almond leaves to the affected area.
- You can make simple syrup at home by mixing five grams of garden mint in water. Sieve the water and then drink it.
- Applying mashed papaya seeds.
- Lemon juice mixed with coconut water also brings relief on applying the same on the affected areas.
- Consume a glass of water with two table spoons of cider vinegar.
Prevention of Skin Allergies
Avoid foods and situations that may trigger an allergic reaction.
Consume Vitamin C daily.
Avoid substance abuse and also bad habits like smoking.
Follow a healthy lifestyle.
Allergies are known as hypersensitivity in common terminology. It is an abnormal immune system that responds to certain stimuli like food ingredients or dust.
Symptoms of Allergies:
• Running nose
• Swelling of the face and eyes
• Rashes etc.
Causes of Allergies:
• Allergens such as pollens and dust
• Certain type of drugs like penicillin
• Certain cosmetics like soaps, cream, body lotion etc
• Certain type of food items
• Using tattoos etc.
Home remedies for allergies:
• Add 5 drops of castor oil in half cup of water and consume it with empty stomach daily. It is beneficial for various types of allergies.
• Take a glass of Luke warm water and squeeze half a lemon in it and add some honey to it and have it through mouth. It acts as a beneficial home remedy for allergies
• Take 3 table spoons of potato flour and melt it in a glass of water. Add that water to the bath tub water. Relax in that tub thrice a day. It gives relaxation for allergic rashes.
• Drink 1 to 2 cups of chamomile tea with honey daily for relief from allergies.
• Dilute apple cider vinegar in little water and apply it on rashes. It gives relief from rashes.
• Crush small piece of ginger in boiling water and have that water at once through mouth. It is one of the best home remedy for allergies.
• Avoiding stress and doing meditation is the best home remedy.